Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pyromancer

Its time for some of that self indulgence I mentioned early.
I love playing as the pyro is Team Fortress. I have logged 75 hours as pyro since resetting my stats (that was a bad idea). I have EVERY SINGLE PYRO ACHIEVEMENT!!!! Yes, even Pyromancer, the one where you have to inflict 1 million points of fire damage. Its probably the hardest achievement to get because even if you cheat and use an achievement server it could still take you a few days(I did it legitimately over several months). I have every Pyros weapon, including the full polycount set, and I can safely say that I am an excellent pyro. Not the best, but I would enter that contest in a heart beat.

The pyro unfortunately doesn't get a lot of respect as a class. This is mostly due to the fact that beginner pyros can still kill and annoy skilled players occasionally. The pyro isn't like the spy, where newbies aren't going to get many kills, or like soldiers and demos, whose skilled players have a decidedly different play style than noobs. This causes people to treat all pyros has a cheap, no skill class which is not fair. The pyro requires lots of skill and a good one can actually reverse the flow of a battle.
Thankfully, pyros have one ability that requires skill to be useful with: the airblast. Using a puff of air, the pyro can reflect any non-bullet projectiles, extinguish flaming team mates, and push enemy players around. Even noobs can reflect long distance rockets, but it takes a lot more skill to surprise a soldier around a corner, light him on fire, and reflect his first rocket back into his face for a quick kill. I have, in my time, intentionally reflected every single reflectable projectile, most for a kill. I am most proud of the two times that I killed a demo with his own stickies. I am also very proud of this kill below.



Thats right, I reflected his arrow back into him, killed him and stuck him to the wall BY HIS FOOT!!!! LOL!!

*UPDATE*
From the TF2 Saxxy Awards comes a video showcasing a truly great pyro. I am not this good. All props go to the player.

COG: Animal Crossing: Wild World
Today was a good day. I caught a lot of rare bugs and fish today, including two Hammerhead sharks and three Goliath Beetles. Made lots of money. Also, today I found the golden slingshot in the sky and collected it. Nice day.

2 comments:

  1. I see you has a blog now. Anyways omg tf2 is full of idiots and 12 year olds now that is free to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes it is. But it was a brilliant marketing ploy by valve. All these idiots got the game for free but are way behind on collecting weapons. Even if only 30% buy weapons, that's still a lot of money. Some of these new weapons are just silly.

    ReplyDelete