Saturday, June 4, 2011

Key Binding

One of the games I have logged tons of hours on is Team Fortress 2. Normally not a huge fan of FPS, but this one is soooo nice. Online gaming is always a blast and the re-spawn system takes a lot of the stress out of the game. Logged at least 72 hours as a pyro (favorite class, more on that another day), but today I bound some key commands.
I don't play as an engineer all that often, but in a good solid match the thrill of building a forward sentry position is hard to beat. So today I bound the build commands for all the engineers buildings to the directional arrows [up teleporter exit; down tele entrance; left sentry; right dispenser]. Took me a little while to get the syntax right; online guides are infinitely helpful. I was just testing it, so I logged onto a server for a quick jaunt. I didn't have my mouse handy and had to use the track pad. Not the first time I've tried a real game with a track pad and I don't think I will every try it seriously. Still, I could tell that the time it took to build the structures was greatly shortened from using the PDA. I will see how it works with the mouse later this evening.

CURRENT OBSESSIVE GAME (COG): Animal Crossing: Wild World
Today was the flea market, so I didn't do much because you can't go into your own house for long during the flea market. Found the T-Rex skull in one of the fossils. Bought the forged painting insurance from Lyle; probably a scam, but I like to try everything. KK Slider comes this evening, wonder what song it will be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment