Monday, July 11, 2011

Facebook and Google Plus

I was never a huge facebooker. I have always strived to keep my friends list below 100 people and at the height of my use never posted more than 5 times a day. One of the things that always turned me off to facebook was the way games will nag at you to play, join, or follow them.

Farmville is a great example. I have never played it, but as I understand it takes at least a few days for some of your crops to grow. I'm sorry, but I don't like to measure any one task in gaming in terms of days. Its one thing if its a long achievement because you opt into that challenge. Don't make a necessary game activity take that long. They should have made it more like Harvest Moon, where plants take days in the game to grow, not real life days.

All these games on facebook have led to it being waaaay too crowded in its design. I recently got an invite to google plus and am making the transition. Its really quite refreshing, its like walking into a recently built office; all clean looking as though it were a blank canvas waiting for you to get started. hopefully the transition will be smooth. I have some invites if any readers want in. Just leave your email.

No comments:

Post a Comment