Monday, July 1, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf A Review

I'm not gonna go into much detail here actually. I'm not an authority on reviewing games. I am simply going to agree with existing reviews. IGN and all the praise's are correct. This is an extremely good Animal Crossing game that adds enough new things to justify playing it. If you aren't a fan of Animal Crossing as a franchise, stay away. But if you are fan of the series, go out and buy it. Get on that right now. I got mine today and its hard to find.
I can't explain the sudden fascination with this character.

But let me allay some fears you may have about the game. If you have played Wild World into the ground and shudder at some of the old annoyances, I want to address those. First off, item handling is SOOOOOO much better. Now you can cycle through and un-equip using the D-pad. Its a bit awkward with your fingers, but its much better than going into the menu system and dragging. The menu is streamlined, but still pretty much the same; you have to drag stuff. One wonderful addition is the ability to donate multiple things at once to the museum as well as identify multiple fossils. On top of that is that now your inventory grays out things you have already donated when trying to donate.

Being the mayor of the town leads to people NOT assuming you are a moron. Yes the first day was full of fairly obvious advice for vets, but it was utterly devoid of a required tutorial section. As a person who often restarts games, having a streamlined intro sequence is a god-send. Being able to chose your town layout and house location is a very nice touch.

I can honestly say that I am looking forward to loosing hours to this game. My have to restart the Animal Crossing memo I used to put at the bottom of my posts.
OK, maybe I get it. This is adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment